Monday 5 October 2009

I actually have been running....

yes, I actually have been running!!!!

Not very far or very fast but I have been out and about the streets of Edinburgh and Prestwick clad in shorts and trainers putting one foot in front of the other in a running type motion.

Yesterday, I managed to run 4 miles in one go. It took me 46 minutes but I am surprised and pleased I did not walk at any point. There is hope that I might finish the Run with the Wind without keeping Stan in his shorts for over two hours!

The plan for this week is to keep up the 4 mile distance by running to work tomorrow and running home from work on Thursday. On Saturday I might try 5 miles but that needs to be agreed by my coach.

On happy running news - Ally B did brilliantly in Loch Ness 5K - those shoes are a coming.....

On long distance news - I am going to be walking the West Highland Way over Easter 2010. This is the extract from the WHWR forum message that I posted:

The Royal Couple on Tour

The WHWR Princess and WHWR Drama Queen are going to walk the West Highland Way in 5 days over Easter 2010.

There will be many royal tantrums and hissy fits but I am sure DQ will get there in the end!

The walk is in memory of Dario. Dario always wanted to show me the route but we never seemed to have the time to fit it in. In his honour I am making the time and although I am nervous as I have only 6 months toprepare from scratch, I am really looking forward to finally seeing first hand what all the fuss is about!!

To celebrate Dario's encouragement of running I am hoping to raise some money for Chest, Heart and Stroke Scotland. My first ever race was a CHSS sponsored 5k and I will never forget how chuffed Dario was when I phoned him to tell I made it over the finish line.

As a tribute to how Dario and I became friends all donations will be thanked with a Twix bar.

Please go to www.justgiving.com/whwr-princess or contact me on email address.

Thank youGeraldineWHWR Princess

Anyway, enough from me as it is getting late and I have my running gear to get ready for the morning, me being a runner and all that........

1 comment:

stanb said...

I am well chuffed with you. Getting your running gear out ready! What a star.

Keep it steady and run and shop on alternate days.

If you can get up to a 5 miler by the end of 2 weeks from here you will have cracked it, yah cracker.

stanb

hit analyzer
ProFlowers Free Shipping