Friday 31 July 2009

It has been over a week since the formal goodbye to Dario. I thought it would help but no.

I still can't believe he is not going to phone me. I just want to wake up and for it all to be a really horrible nightmare.

I know I should be strong and lead by Allybea's example and take something positive from what happened but all I want is to turn back time and not let him go on that run. I just want him here.

I can't bring myself to write a story about him to send to Garry as it seems too real, that it confirms he has gone. I saw the coffin but I still don't want to accept what has happened.

I know I have to be strong to continue the race as his second in command but all I want is to do is to run away and pretend it has not happened, that any minute he will phone with an increase in numbers and the belief in me that I can more than handle it.

I just want him back.

1 comment:

allybea said...

Huge big (((hugs))) Geraldine. You don't have to be strong. It's a gradual process, finding something positive from something so sad.

I still can't believe he's not going to phone Ian just as I'm about to put food on the table. Like you, I wish i had found him a job helping me out at the 10k then he couldn't have gone on that last run.

But then it could have happened anywhere, with strangers who didn't know him like we do. He was up a mountain in a beautiful part of the country with his whw family beside him.

Dario made you his no 2 because he knew you would be able do it without him. And we believe you can do it because he believed. You take all the time in the world. Cry, hide, do whatever you feel. Race business can wait.

Take care, and if you need a dry shoulder to cry on give me a shout.

Much love

Ali x

hit analyzer
ProFlowers Free Shipping