Wednesday 8 July 2009

bullet points

I think I can safely say that I am rubbish at maintaining a blog. It has been quite a while since I lasted posted and quite a lot of running connected events have occurred. So to limit me rabbiting on as I have a plane to Uist to catch tomorrow morning I am going to relay the information in bullet points:
  • Mark completed the WHWR in under 24 hours
  • I have only managed a few runs as been off work with viral / cold thing
  • My Mum and Dad have decided that being back up for an ultra runner is the new going out
  • The lovely Lee http://mrsmacsroadtomadness.blogspot.com/has become a 'runner'
  • Mark has binned the role as my running coach - the reasons given I could not make out from his mumbling and cursing under his breath
  • I am not going to be able to run the 10K on Sunday as only managed 3 miles at the weekend and even then a golfer from the Old Links course at Prestwick nearly offered me a lift on his golf caddy
  • My Dad carpeted his van in preparation for being back up at the WHWR which Mark rudely did not use
  • The weather meant I had a very easy job as race control at the WHWR
  • I am considering auditioning for a new running coach with the main criteria - appearance in shorts and I don't mean me
  • Found out at the WHWR that Davie's in laws are friends of the family from Helensburgh Highlanders
  • Oh did I mention Mark has ditched his role as my running coach
  • Dario has done his usual and increased race numbers without consulting me
  • Got a lovely hug from Keith at post race BBQ
  • My Mum has appointed herself as Mark's support commander in chief as she as seen how it is done and thinks he is a tad amateur in his approach to his running - her exact words were"I am going to take that boy in hand" - only hitch is that Mark is not running WHWR next year

So I think I covered most to the happenings. Race reports and pictures of the very enjoyable Beattie post race BBQ are available at http://www.whwblogs.blogspot.com/

Finally, my apologies for the almost business like approach to my blog this evening but I am still in the clearing your desk prior to going on holiday mode from work and I have yet to have my pre-holiday glass of wine!!!

2 comments:

Lee Maclean said...

Have a great holiday missy.
Now that your cold and all that running nonsense is out of the way.... when are we going camping?!?
We've got a serious date with a big bottle of pink bubbles.

Luv yas,

ps I have a suggestion for an excellently qualified coach who'd fit the "looks good in shorts" crieteria.
No names no pack drill. ;-)

Lmx

Subversive Runner said...

What d'ya mean Dario didn't consult you?? Surely you're on the 'commitee'??? ;-)xx

hit analyzer
ProFlowers Free Shipping